About this event:
The Town of Huntington is blessed with a rich heritage and numerous organizations working to preserve and share that history. Here’s your chance to visit many of these museums as part of the Huntington Time Machine Adventure Museum Challenge!
On April 29 and 30, 11 historic places will be open between 11:00 and 4:00pm.
Visit, learn about your history, and find the answer to the questions at four of the sites, you will receive a special limited edition Town of Huntington 350th Anniversary lapel pin and be entered in a raffle for a basket of Huntington history related items. Visit additional museums, receive additional chances to win the raffle.
Admission to the museums is by a special Huntington Time Machine Adventure map.
Each map costs $20 and is good for admission for two adults, children are free.
Maps can be purchased at any of the participating locations during the weekend of the event for $25 for the weekend, $20 if purchased in advance.
Participating Organizations and Sites
- The David Conklin Farmhouse (Huntington Historical Society)
- The Cold Spring Harbor Whaling Museum and Education Center
- Walt Whitman Birthplace (April 29th only)
- Northport Historical Society Museum
- The Vanderbilt Museum
- The Heckscher Museum
- The John Gardiner Farmhouse (Greenlawn-Centerport Historical Society)
- The Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Building (Huntington Historical Society)
- Half Hollow Hills Library (special exhibit on farming in Half Hollow Hills)
- Cold Spring Harbor Firehouse Museum
- The Thompson Building (Northport Historical Society)